Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

I really hope this year will be wonderful to you, your family, and friends. I personally hope 2010 will be much better. I suppose the worst part of 2009 was adjusting to the loss of my father in 2008 right around Christmas. I had never felt such loss and even fear as I have this past year. I do know that he is in a much better place and has no more pain and the fact that such an independant person no longer has to depend on others or the very air that he had to have in a tank at the end. So to You DAD. You are missed but never will be forgotten. Thanks for all you did to take care of your family.

Well of course 2010 hasn't started out good as far as the weather goes. We had a snow storm of the likes we haven't seen around here since about 1985. The temperatures have only been out of the high 20s ONE time since 2009 and that was yesterday. It got to a blistering 37 degrees with a little snow kicked in last night. TODAY...... it is back to 15 degrees and appears to be staying that way until next week. We can't winn for losing it seems. Thank goodness for the woodstove. It is alot of work but, the heat just can't be beat. I skipped cutting wood yesterday because they were calling for up to 5-6 inches and digging wood out of the snow is no fun. (Yes, I do need a woodshed) I didn't make any resolutions because I am awful with that kind of stuff. I know what has to be done, I just have to work at it to get it accomplished.

I do plan on having a garden this year if all goes well. I really feel that people need to become more self reliant in their lifestyles. I can't predict the future, but things don't look so great. Any and all ways to save money and learn to take care of thierselves is highly suggested. We will just have to see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely. I have felt an urge, a calling if you will, to live a simpler life. I am drawn to and soaking up any and all information I can find about living a simpler and more self sufficient life style.

    ~Dreamin'~

    ReplyDelete