Friday, December 10, 2010

Here Is Some Explaination 2

As things rolled along I just had I would say a normal childhood. At the time I had three cousins that lived just below my house. All of them were boys so you can imagine that there was enough mischief to go around. Also in those days there were some neighborhood boys also to add to the mix.

One of my earliest memories was we were having a game of chicken. What you did was stand in a circle and throw a knife at each others feet and see how close you could get to anothers foot without them moving. It all went well until Cecil threw a knife and it speared Henry right straight through the top of his foot and actually nailed him to the ground. Of course we all freaked out. Cecil went over and picked Henry straight up off the ground and carried him to Aunt Annas' porch where they waited on the ambulance. The rest of us scattered to the winds. Stupid stupid games but, just a bunch of bored country boys. What can I say.

I had another Aunt that lived to the east of this place right across the road from my goatpath (driveway) and she was one mean woman. She even used to beat up Uncle Jean. I've seen him with his forehead busted open before by some kind of blunt trauma causing instrument. It ain't funny but it is now. Sorry. Can't help but chuckle. I have no idea why he stayed with her but he did. Anyway, she HATED all of us youngins and to be honest the feeling was mutual. There used to be a huge white pine on the east side of my mountain that you couldnt reach around. One of my cousins acquired a BB gun from some source because Uncle Rush refused to buy them boys one. Anyway it was decided one day that we would climb way up in that pine tree and shoot "Sissys" (the mean aunt) tin roof just to make her mad. Of course that worked. You could hear her screaming all over the hollow. It was echoing in all the little valleys. "I'm going to tell your mammys" "I'm going to whip your asses" After the shooting incident got boring the gun was hid under that big old pine and everybody went back to their respected homes. Shortly there after a sheriffs deputy showed up down at my cousins place. He of course told Uncle Rush about the incident and my uncle of course denied that his youngins even had a BB gun. Told the deputy he wouldnt allow such a thing. Well the deputy went on and questioned my cousins and when one of them denied any knowledge whatsoever of one his much younger brother replied, "What about the one under the big pine"? They all just got a real good ass chewing from the deputy and Uncle Rush got to warm up his leather belt for a good amount of time on three butts.

No comments:

Post a Comment